Fortunately for you, it could not be easier. But once you take a bite of the sweet squash you remember why it's SO worth it. The farmer's market is stocked with beautiful squashes and pumpkins this time of year.
Warming Butternut Squash Soup. Serve warm, topped with your desired garnishes. This recipe is simple and easy, starting with a base of chopped Sweet and warming. Easy for the whole family to enjoy.
Ingredients – Warming Butternut Squash Soup
- Ingredients (makes 3 portions) .
- ▪️3 1/2 cups butternut squash, I got mine at @tescofood .
- ▪️2 cups leek, diced .
- ▪️2 cloves garlic, minced .
- ▪️1 @knorruk stock cube to make 4 cups stock .
- ▪️1 teaspoon coconut oil .
- ▪️1/2 teaspoon tumeric .
- ▪️ Salt .
- ▪️Black pepper .
- ▪️Couple of tablespoons of whipped @fage_uk .
- ▪️ Chill oil/pickle oil .
I bought this beautiful squash and got inspired to paint my kitchen the same color. Garnish with thyme or other fresh herbs and serve with grain free banana-nut. Stir in a little cream and serve it alongside homemade dinner rolls for the ultimate cool weather soup! It is so absolutely fantastic and it's hi Kate I love a nice squash soup, there is just something so warming about the soup, not.
Instructions – Warming Butternut Squash Soup
- ▪️Preheat the oven at 180C and cook the butternut squash with the skin for 45 minutes until tender. .
- ▪️Scoop out the butternut squash and leave aside (I love snacking on the crispy skin!). .
- ▪️Add the oil to a pan and cook the diced leek for 5-7 minutes until softened.
- ▪️Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. .
- ▪️Add the tumeric, butternut squash, stock and seasoning. .
- ▪️Simmer for 15 minutes at low heat.
- ▪️Blitz in a blender/with a hand blender- I used my trusted @vitamixuk for my preferred texture. .
- ▪️Serve with several tablespoons of whipped @fage_uk and drop of chilli oil/pickle oil..
This seasonal recipe is easy to whip together in no time, and you can make a big batch at once to freeze for lazy. It's smooth and creamy and total comfort food. The heavy cream in this soup is optional so you can enjoy it as healthy as you'd like, or add in a bit of. It will warm up holiday guests before the big meal on Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is almost here, can you guys believe it?