Baked Sugar Cookies with eggless Royal icing for Christmas.
Ingredients – Baked Sugar Cookies with eggless Royal icing for Christmas
- maida 1 1/2 cup.
- Butter 1/2 cup.
- Sugar 1/2 cup.
- Salt 1/4 tsp.
- Baking powder 1 tsp.
- Plain yoghurt 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp.
- Sugar sprinkles .
- For icing .
- Icing sugar 1 cup.
- Food colour as needed.
- Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp.
- Milk 2 tbsp (I added 1 tbsp) .
Instructions – Baked Sugar Cookies with eggless Royal icing for Christmas
- For cookies:.
- In a bowl, mix well maida, baking powder with salt using a whisk..
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar until soft and fluffy. Add essence and Curd and again beat well for couple of minutes..
- Add the flour gradually and make a dough.It should be non sticky..
- Spread the dough into flat disk and cling wrap it.Refrigerate for an hour..
- Take out and spread the dough evenly on a floured surface to 3 to 5 mm thickness..
- Cut the spread dough into desired cookie cutter.Arrange over a baking tray lined with butter paper..
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree and bake for 10 – 12 minutes.Cool.on a wire rack..
- For icing:.
- In a mixing bowl place icing sugar, vanilla essence and milk.Mix smoothly. There should not be any lumps and it should be thick but pouring consistency..
- Divide the prepared icing and mix your favourite colours. Fill these icing in cones.Start filling the cookies n decorate with ur favourite designs.Once done sprinkle with colour sprinkles..
- If ur icing is runny add little more icing sugar to make it thicker keep aside and let it stand for an hour.It will dry.Then store in an air tight container..